Suicide Prevention Commander's Toolkit
Suicide prevention, like all leadership challenges, is a Commanders program and every leaders responsibility at all levels. The success of the Army Suicide Prevention Program rests upon proactive, caring and courageous people who recognize the imminent danger and then take immediate action to save a life. Active engagement of everyone can help to minimize the risk of suicide within the Army to stop this tragic and unnecessary loss of human life. Suicide prevention is everybodys business in The Army.
The Commanders Tool Kit is designed to assist Leaders at all levels as they implement their Suicide Prevention Program. This Took Kit was developed so that leaders can incorporate these resources into existing training or create new training. However, this Tool Kit is not meant for leaders only, all Soldiers are encouraged to use the materials.
Army Suicide Prevention Tool Kit Resources
- ALARACT 043-2012 - Commander's Suspected Suicide Event Report - PDF
- ALARACT 043-2012 (ATTACHMENT) - Commander's Suspected Suicide Event Report - PDF
- Army Campaign Plan for Health Promotion, Risk Reduction and Suicide Prevention (ACPHP) Compliance Checklist - PDF
- The Health Promotion, Risk Reduction, and Suicide Prevention Report - PDF - 10MB is now available for download.
- Suicide Prevention Training Aids List, US Army Public Health Command - PDF
- Public Health Command Products (Updated April, 2011)
- Public Affairs Guidance for Installation PAO (CAC login required)- PDF - (Example)
- Themes & Trends and Lessons Learned
- Health Promotion, Risk Reduction, and Suicide Prevention Talking Points, 2011 - PDF
- VCSA Sends: Recent Army Suicide Trends - PDF
- Release of Protected Health Information to Unit Command Officials - PDF
- Suicide Prevention & Stigma Reduction Message from the 2007 Sergeant Major of the Army
- Army 2020 Generating Health and Discipline in the Force, Report 2012 (Gold Book)
- Department of Defense Suicide Event Report, CY 2010
- Tri-Signed Letter - Army Gold Book